Email is an integral part of our daily work, and for many companies, Microsoft...
Microsoft Teams offers excellent support for chat collaboration. Out-of-the-box, however, Teams does not offer a great experience for managing Outlook emails. You can address this by using MacroView in conjunction with Teams.
Microsoft Teams + MacroView for saving emails
- Allows you to drag and drop in Outlook to save emails in a selected area in Teams
- Automatically records email attributes (e.g. To, From, Subject, Received time, etc.) when it saves an email
- Automatically names saved e-mails in Teams to avoid duplicate copies of an e-mail in a Teams area (useful in case other recipients try to save the same e-mail)
- Adds an email view to the Teams library so you can see saved emails and their attributes
- Lets you drag and drop attachments or files into Windows folders to save them in a selected area in Teams
- Makes it easy to retrieve files from Teams and place them as attachments or links in a new Outlook email
- You can dice e-mails and other files in a Teams folder based on their metadata and/or the words they contain
- You can search for emails and documents based on their metadata and/or content in the Teams for which you have permissions, while continuing to work in Outlook.
All of the above functionality is available when working in desktop Outlook with MacroView installed. With MacroView, you can easily extend a Teams library to include the metadata and views that enable excellent email management.